- Chauvin will likely appeal the conviction, as advocates hope the guilty verdict will spur greater police reforms.
- Earthrise looks at protecting wildlife and preventing pandemics through the stories of two endangered mammals.
- As Lebanon's economic crisis stretches into its 18th month, some boutique hotel owners are pivoting to survive.
- Recent study finds a link between cardiac arrests and COVID-19, which could help to map the pandemic's past and future.
- President's comments in annual state-of-the-nation address come as tensions with the West plunge to post-Cold War lows.
- Biden is trying to shepherd world leaders towards stronger climate goal commitments after disengagement under Trump.
- The train could bring thousands of tourists to Xpujil – a Yucatan town of 4,000 people with limited resources.
- The justice department announces probe into state police practices after George Floyd murder verdict.
- Tensions over Ukraine and dissident Alexei Navalny overshadowed President Putin's national address.
- Jonny Bairstow makes an unbeaten 63 to guide Sunrisers Hyderabad to their first win of the Indian Premier League season with a nine-wicket victory over Punjab Kings.
- The monarch's birthday comes four days after the funeral of her husband, Prince Philip.
- Liverpool owner John W Henry apologises to Reds supporters for the club's involvement in a proposed European Super League.
- Idriss Déby's son is to lead an army council for 18 months after the president died in battle.
- The navy has launched search efforts to find the vessel, which has 53 people on board.
- Russia's president spent most of his state of the nation address talking domestic affairs, but as 10 U.S. Embassy employees were expelled from Moscow, he also offered a warning.
- After a months-long meteor drought, the Lyrids are back to illuminate Earth Day with "glowing dust trains."
- Hong Kong woman was duped by fraudsters posing as Chinese officials, police say, in the city's biggest recorded phone scam.
- The Department of Transportation gave approval Wednesday for eight airlines to fly to Havana. For now, airlines are going to smaller cities like Santa Clara, where the first commercial flight to Cuba in […]
- The U.S. is rejecting claims that Russia killed a senior ISIS leader this week. The terror group says its chief strategist and spokesman, Abu Mohammed al-Adnani, was killed near Aleppo, Syria. American officials […]
- Officials say they lost contact with the 40-year-old submarine's crew north of Bali, and they've asked Singapore and Australia for help finding it.
- Damage to the large external supply tank at a hospital for COVID patients took only 35 minutes to repair, but it was a deadly failure in a system already strained by shortages.
- In his annual State of the Nation speech, Russian President Vladimir Putin warned against provoking his country.
- Wall Street suffered back-to-back losses as reopening plays led the market lower amid renewed concerns about rising new Covid cases globally.
- Vacasa, which helps hosts not only list but manage their rental homes, is thinking about becoming a publicly traded stock, multiple sources told CNBC.
- Allowing the continued expansion of the fossil fuel industry "is unconscionable", open letter says.
- The EU reveals rules on what should be classed as a 'green' investment — but delays its call on nuclearInvestors have complained that it is hard to select which companies are acting responsibly on the climate front and Brussels wants to help with that.
- David Roche, president of investment firm Independent Strategy, said yields could double and that would bring markets "to the crunch point."
- Russian President Vladimir Putin delivered his annual State of the Nation address just as pro-Navalny protests took place.
- Healthcare and other essential services across India are close to collapse as a second coronavirus wave that started in mid-March tears through the country with devastating speed.
- Tesla has been swept up in yet another controversy in China, even as the company tries to win new customers there with cars it says will be tailor-made to match their preferences.
- Less than 48 hours after the formation of a new European Super League, several English clubs have already withdrawn from the controversial competition.
- A dozen of Europe's top soccer clubs have agreed to form a breakaway league, producing howls of indignation from the sport's governing bodies, the elected leaders of France and Britain, and legions of […]
- Apple unveiled a slew of new products at its annual Spring launch on Tuesday, but waited until after the event to announce big changes coming to software for iPhones and iPads "next week."
- Kolkata Knight Riders vs Chennai Super Kings Live Score Ball by Ball, IPL 2021 Live Cricket Score Of Today's Match on NDTV SportsLive Updates of Today Match between Kolkata Knight Riders vs Chennai Super Kings from Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai. Check commentary and full scoreboard of the match.
- More than 300 kg of drugs worth around Rs 500 crore were seized by officials from a container ship on its arrival in Tuticorin, Tamil Nadu, today.
- When Coinbase trading started at Deutsche Boerse's platforms, a wrong reference code- a so-called LEI code- was used by mistake, Deutsche Boerse said.
- Maharashtra FYJC admission 2021-22: fair criterion for Maharashtra first year junior college (FYJC) or Class 11 admission will be taken after consultation with the education stakeholders, School…
- London Bridge station in central London reopened on Wednesday afternoon after it was evacuated while police investigated reports of a suspicious item on board a train, a Reuters eyewitness said.
- Her ex-husband was among the first ones to comment on what she calls her 'happy space' during the lockdown
- The CAEdge connects to the vehicle via the cloud thanks to a virtual workbench, offering numerous opportunities for the development and maintenance.
- Investigation will examine potentially unconstitutional policingGeorge Floyd’s brother says family satisfied with guilty verdictFull report: Derek Chauvin found guilty of Floyd’s murder 3.46pm BST Darnella Frazier, who was just 17 when she filmed […]
- Coronavirus live news: France to launch J&J vaccine rollout; India sees over 200,000 new cases againFrance to launch Johnson & Johnson rollout next week; Oxygen leak kills at least 22 in Indian hospital; Protesters gather in Berlin as parliament debates law to impose restrictions‘The system has collapsed’: India’s […]
- ‘She climbed to the top unaided, to collect leaves for her family’s dinner. The tastiest ones are usually higher up’The vast Zinder region in Niger, west Africa, is the most populated part of […]
- On her 95th birthday, monarch makes first public statement since her husband’s deathThe royal family was heartened by the tributes to Prince Philip, the Queen has said, as she used the occasion of […]
- Trials coincide with Iran announcing desire for ‘all for all’ simultaneous prisoner exchanges with westIran has set trial dates for two dual nationals, one British-Iranian and the other German-Iranian, in cases that may […]
- A runner filmed a face-off with a large bear that pursued him for several minutes in Grand Teton national park in Wyoming, producing a three-minute video that went viral. Evan Matthews said he often […]
- The brilliant songwriter for Meat Loaf, Céline Dion and Bonnie Tyler, who has died aged 73, reminded us that pop music should involve fantasy and a sense of the ridiculousIn 1989, the NME […]
- What Will Office Life Be Like After the Pandemic? This Australian Fintech Company May Have the AnswerAs companies in the U.S. and elsewhere look to reopen their offices, Australia's Brighte may offer a template for success
- Globally, at least 483 people are known to have been executed in 2020. Shocking as this figure is, it’s the lowest number of executions recorded by Amnesty International in at least a decade, […]
- Biden Wants a Deal with Brazil’s Far-Right President to Protect the Amazon. But Can Bolsonaro Be Trusted?“The U.S. should not strike an agreement with the federal government because it won’t be fulfilled”
- After a Terrible Year for Women in the Economy, These Places Are Working Toward a Feminist Recovery From COVID-19“Without all the work that women did this year, there’d be no economy to rebuild.”
- Global Carbon Emissions Set for Second-Largest Annual Increase in History in 2021 Despite COVID-19 RestrictionsGlobal carbon dioxide emissions from energy use are set to rise by 5% in 2021 compared to 2020, the second highest year-on-year increase in history, according to a report published April 20 by […]
- With less than 100 days to go before the Tokyo Games, anxiety is mounting
- The Media Is Partly or Completely Restricted in 132 Countries, According to the 2021 World Press Freedom IndexAuthoritarian regimes have used the pandemic to perfect "totalitarian control of information," according to RSF
- According to Pen America, a freedom of expression advocacy organization, in 2020, at least 273 writers, academics, and public intellectuals in 35 countries were in prison or unjustly held in detention in connection […]
- Floyd's death sparked outrage in many countries, forcing governments globally to confront their own race issues.
- More 567,000 people have died in the United States from the coronavirus, but in the last week, the seven-day average of new cases has shown some decline after months of increases.
- But world powers also are trying find strategic advantages from climate shifts.
- A technical fault in a valve of the hospital’s oxygen tank caused the leak, a senior official said.
- This year's birthday will be a private and subdued affair, without gun salutes or an official portrait.
- The Indonesian navy has asked Australia and Singapore for assistance.